Blogmas Day 19 - Winter Morning Routine

Hello Everyone!


Kat here! Today I wanted to share with you my winter morning routine. Getting up in the winter can be a challenge, as it is dark outside, and cold and you want to stay snuggled in bed. I am the worst person in the world at getting out of bed in the morning, and I would like to share with you my tips and routine that make getting up in winter just that little bit easier.

1) Set your alarm the night before to your favourite Christmas Songs. Waking up to Christmas music really helps and motivates me to get out of bed, as oppose to the annoying, loud beeping that you are used to hearing first thing in the morning. Try to switch around the songs day to day, because hearing the same sound every morning will not only become annoying and make it twice as easy to press the snooze button, but it will also ruin a perfectly good Christmas song! Keep playing music throughout your morning routine to keep you in a happy and festive mood!

2) Have an advent calendar in sight at the other side of your room. If I wake up staring at my advent calendar, I will always feel excited and want to open it. Putting it on the other side of the room will motivate you to get out of bed so that you can go and open it. Try to make it eye-catching so that you don't miss it. You can do this by putting fairy lights or tinsel around it. 

3) Cleanse your face and brush your teeth. I like to cleanse my face first thing in the morning, before my shower, because this really helps to make me feel awake and fresh and ensures that I won't fall asleep again! Brushing my teeth also helps to ensure that I feel awake and fresh, but if you drink coffee or tea when you wake up like me, it is better to do that a bit later on.

4) Drink coffee or a hot drink. Drinking coffee, a hot chocolate or tea in the morning is a great way to start the day and also helps me to get myself down the stairs instead of being tempted to go back to bed. As it is winter, you want something more exciting than your normal coffee or tea. I suggest making a Christmas Drink the night before and just reheat it in the morning to save time. What I like to do, is make a big container of my favourite Christmas drink at the beginning of the week, store it in the fridge, and heat up 1 cup every day. If you are a tea lover like me, but still want to drink something festive, something I have been loving is T2 Ginger Spice. Although the box says that it you are supposed to have it on its own, I find that this tea tastes great with a splash of milk and a drop of honey.


5) Lay EVERYTHING out the night before! The next step is to get showered and dressed. But lay out every item of clothing you are going to wear so that you don't waste time picking out your outfit or looking for a certain item of clothing in the morning. Something that I love to do is lay out all the products I am going to use the night before. This makes it sort of exciting to get in the shower and work your way through all the lovely products that are laid out (especially if you use Christmas scented shower gels/body scrubs). I also lay out products such as moisturisers, body butters, body sprays and perfumes the night before. This makes it seem like I am making less of an effort in the morning and helps me to be more efficient when getting ready. 

6) Plan make-up and hair the night before. I like to put all the products I am using for my hair and my face into a basket the night before, so I don't have to worry about choosing a make-up and hair look on the spot, and I don't have to go looking for other products.


7) Breakfast. I personally hate eating breakfast because it makes me feel sick, but I know that I wont survive the day without it. I like to eat breakfast last so that I am more awake and have more of an appetite. For breakfast I normally have 1 of 2 things. The first thing is a orange iced berry smoothie. This is perfect for people like me who hate breakfast because is makes you feel like you aren't eating breakfast as it is a liquid. I have a nutri-bullet at home so that I can make the smoothie quickly and drink it straight from the container. To make this smoothie use 1 cup of fresh orange juice, 1 cup of frozen mixed berries and 1 teaspoon of flaxseed. This is super healthy because it contains both fruit and fibre. My second breakfast is natural yoghurt with chopped bananas/apples and honey. This is a slightly sweet but still healthy breakfast and you can eat it very quickly.


8) Clean your teeth once more, put your coat and shoes on and go!

Top Tip - My top tip for getting ready in the morning is to write a schedule. I like to print out a list of things that I need to remember to do in the morning and attach a load of sheets to a clipboard. On each sheet I write a list of my routine and put tick boxes on the end of each thing. Ticking these things off as I go really helps to ensure that I get ready on time and don't forget to do anything in the morning.

Thank you for reading! I hope you found this post helpful.

See you on the 21st
Kat xxx 

Kat&Elle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment